Saturday, April 13
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: 30CDE; SDCC
Advanced Practice Provider Fee: $420
Candidate and Medical Student Fee: $130
Director(s): Nathaniel P. Brooks, MD, FAANS
Assistant Director(s): Andrea L. Strayer, MS, NP, CNRN
Faculty: Paul A. Anderson, MD; Darryl J. Dirisio, MD, FAANS; Darnell Twain Josiah, MD; Ajit A. Krishnaney, MD, FAANS; Vincent J. Miele, MD, FAANS; Karen Petronis, NP; Laura Ellen Prado, NP; Sharad Rajpal, MD, FAANS ; Daniel K. Resnick, MD, FAANS; Shelly Schmoller, PA-C; John H. Shin, MD, FAANS; Michael Patrick Steinmetz, MD, FAANS; Suzanne Audrey Tharin, MD, FAANS; Eve C. Tsai, MD, PhD, FAANS (Canada); Eric J. Woodard, MD, FAANS
Learning Objectives: After completing this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Analyze the aging and osteoporosis epidemic and the implications for neurosurgeons and advanced practice providers.
- Assess and evaluate nutritional status, potential perioperative complications, operative optimization, orthoses and pearls for pain management in the older spine patient population.
- Analyze diagnosis, classification and management of upper and subaxial cervical spine fractures and spinal cord injury, including central cord syndrome and thoracolumbar fractures.
- Analyze diagnosis, classification and management of degenerative challenges of the cervical and lumbar spine in the older adult patient.
- Determine when the healing endpoint is reached.