Saturday, April 13
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: 29CD; SDCC
Advanced Practice Provider Fee: $315
Candidate and Medical Student Fee: $65
Director(s): Marianne E. Langlois, MS, PA-C
Assistant Director(s): Christi DeLemos, RN, NP; Max K. Kole, MD, FAANS
Faculty: Rose Ballard, NP, MLP ; Mark R. Harrigan, MD, FAANS; Horia Marin, MD; Rizwan Tahir, MD
Learning Objectives: After completing this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the evolution of Endovascular neurosurgery and its rapid acceptance as an alternative to open neurosurgical techniques.
- Recognize basic cerebrovascular anatomy and recognize abnormal anatomy
- Discuss the various cerebrovascular diseases treatable utilizing endovascular techniques including aneurysms, AVM's, vasospasm, stroke, trauma, tumor, bypass and stenting.
- Discuss the necessary tools needed to perform endovascular procedures including catheters, sheaths as well as understand basic angiographic techniques.
- Discuss basic pre and post procedure considerations and understand the potential complications of endovascular neurosurgical procedures as well and the limitations of the procedures.