Saturday, April 13
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: 24BC; SDCC
Advanced Practice Provider Fee: $315
Candidate and Medical Student Fee: $65
Director(s): Patricia B. Raksin, MD, FAANS
Assistant Director(s): Philip Andrew Villanueva, MD, FAANS
Faculty: Perry A. Ball, MD, FAANS; Thomas Pritchett Bleck, MD; Peter John Hutchinson, MD (United Kingdom); Joshua Eric Medow, MD, MS, FAANS; Daniel Bernard Michael, MD, PhD, FAANS; David O. Okonkwo, MD, PhD, FAANS
Learning Objectives: After completing this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the mechanics of contemporary ventilator management, fluid resuscitation and hemodynamic management in the trauma patient with neurologic injury.
- Discuss strategies for management of sedation and analgesia in the neurosurgical trauma patient.
- Describe the contemporary diagnosis and management of a broad spectrum of medical issues as they pertain to neurosurgical trauma patients including coagulopathy, nosocomial infections, endocrinopathy, renal function, nutrition and “never” events.
- Apply relevant evidence-based guidelines for the management of critically ill patients with neurologic injury.
- Review end-of-life and ethical considerations in the management of critically ill neurosurgical patients.