Saturday, April 13
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location: 25AB; SDCC
Advanced Practice Provider Fee: $315
Director(s): Daniel Jin Hoh, MD, FAANS
Assistant Director(s): Sanjay Dhall, MD, FAANS
Faculty: Paul M. Arnold, MD, FAANS; John H. Chi, MD, FAANS; Michael G. Fehlings, MD, PhD, FAANS (Canada); W. Bradley Jacobs, MD, FAANS (Canada); Jesus Lafuente, MD (Spain); Daniel C. Lu, MD, PhD, FAANS; Claudius Thome, MD, IFAANS (Austria)
Learning Objectives: After completing this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Review evidence-based guidelines for treatment of spinal cord injury.
- Detail management of spinal injuries including central cord injury and geriatric odontoid fractures.
- Discuss present SCI trials and treatment strategies.
- Review optimal treatment strategies in the care of SCI and spine trauma patients.
- Discuss various spine trauma classification systems and their role in clinical decision-making.