Tuesday, April 16
7:00 am - 9:00 am
Location: 25B; SDCC
Advanced Practice Provider Fee: $150
Candidate and Medical Student Fee: $65
Moderator(s): Gregory Kapinos, MD, MS, FASN
Panelist(s): Randall M. Chesnut, MD; Navaz Karanjia, MD; Joseph Christopher Zacko, MD, FAANS
1) Enhancing communication, coding and billing in your progress notes in a closed neurosurgical ICU.
2) Appropriate modifiers and unbundling for neurosurgeons.
3 ) Progress notes enhancements and model of practices for neurocritical care: judicious use of a separate proceduralist , consultant, and nocturnist in your neurosurgical critical care team.
4 ) Maximizing revenues through optimal shift-work allocation, telemedicine, consultation and comprehensively coding progress notes for higher DRG.
Learning Objectives: After completing this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Enhance documentation in neurocritical care progress and consultation notes for clarity in inter-disciplinary communication, compliance for coding and billing purposes, reconciled with legal and patients-relationship perspectives.
- Discuss clinical pearls for documentation and coding amelioration: the typical comprehensive neurocritical care progress notes for daily rounds by neurosurgeons.
- Explain the financial impact of accurate thorough coding and accurate listing of neurosurgeons as neurointensivists in their scope of practice for state regulated CMS data.
- Explain the principles and structure for a business model and approach to staffing the NSICU with neurosurgeons as neurointensivists.