Saturday, April 25
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: 206AB; BCEC
Candidate and Medical Student Fee: $65
Director(s): Manish K. Aghi, MD, PhD, FAANS
Faculty: Francesco DiMeco, MD, IFAANS (Italy); Constantinos G. Hadjipanayis, MD, PhD, FAANS; Pamela Stuart Jones, MD, MPH; Andrew E. Sloan, MD, FAANS
This course reviews the technological adjuncts that can be applied in the operating room to assist the neurosurgeon performing malignant brain tumor surgery. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with devices demonstrated by the faculty.
Learning Objectives: After completing this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Apply technological adjuncts that aid in the intraoperative diagnosis and imaging of malignant brain tumors in the operating room during surgery.
- Distinguish technological adjuncts that aid in the resection of malignant brain tumors.
- Demonstrate technological adjuncts that enable noninvasive catheter-based treatments of malignant brain tumors.
- Appraise technological adjuncts that enable minimally invasive, but complete resection, of malignant brain tumors in the operating room.
- Recognize the scientific basis and proposed clinical applications of emerging techniques in intraoperative brain tumor visualization.