Sunday, April 26
7:30 am - 11:30 am
Location: 153A; BCEC
Candidate and Medical Student Fee: $65
Faculty: William T. Couldwell, MD, PhD, FAANS; Amir R. Dehdashti, MD, IFAANS; Steven M. Falowski, MD, FAANS; Kristopher T. Kimmell, MD, FAANS; Stan Pelofsky, MD, FAANS(L); Judith Rosman, JD; Robert Gray Whitmore, MD, FAANS
This course represents a continuation of the Boot Camp Resident training courses, with topics appropriate for senior and chief residents.
The three sections of the course includes:
- Strategies to optimize personal finance for the transition into higher income brackets, covering the basics of investing for retirement, budgeting, life and disability insurance;
- Strategies to enhance career satisfaction through wellbeing, practice growth and job selection;
- Strategies to help navigate the world of medicolegal issues, including practice ethics, handling lawsuits as an expert and defendant and dealing with conflicts of interest.
Learning Objectives: After completing this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Comprehend the key professional financial issues in the transition from residency to practice.
- Enhance career satisfaction through well being, practice growth, and job selection.
- Detail the spectrum of legal issues needed when starting practice.