Sunday, April 26
12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Location: 153A; BCEC
Advanced Practice Provider Fee: $315
Candidate and Medical Student Fee: $65
Director(s): Anil Nanda, MD, MPH, FAANS
Assistant Director(s): Gregory J. Zipfel, MD, FAANS
Faculty: Paul A. Gardner, MD, FAANS; Carl B. Heilman, MD, FAANS; Elad I. Levy, MD, FAANS, MBA; Michael J. Link, MD, FAANS; Basant Kumar Misra, MCh MS (India); Nelson M. Oyesiku, MD, PhD, FAANS; Lukas Rasulic, MD, PhD (Serbia)
This course addresses anatomical and technical pit falls in a variety of intracranial lesions, while discussing specifics in terms of management, preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative. Case vignettes on a variety of tumors and aneurysm cases in an interactive fashion are also included.
Learning Objectives: After completing this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Match anatomical and technical pitfalls to a variety of intracranial lesions.
- Discuss approaches in complication avoidance, including intraoperative rupture with aneurysms.
- Discuss management in complications with intracranial vasospasm.
- Discuss complications with management of skull base meningiomas, gliomas and acoustic neuromas.
- Discuss complication avoidance with transsphenoidal pituitary surgery and endonasal endoscopy.