Advanced Practice Provider Fee: $100
Candidate and Medical Student Fee: $100
Director(s): Marianne E. Langlois, MS, PA-C; Cristina Matthews, MSN, FNP-BC
Faculty: Joshua Eric Medow, MD, MS, FAANS; Kaine Chamberlain Onwuzulike, MD, PhD; Richard E. Temes, MD, MS; Jamie S. Ullman, MD, FAANS
This session focuses on topics pertinent to the provider actively involved in the care of the neurotrauma patient. Discussion will center on evidence-based practice in the treatment of the patient with traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries as well as treatment outcomes.
- Discuss the potential life-threatening effects of anti-coagulation/anti-platelet therapy in the patient with acute traumatic brain injury, as well as reversal agents.
- Recognize how advancements in neuromonitoring may improve outcomes in severe TBI.
- Discuss the problem of head injury in the geriatric patient and the problems advanced age presents in patient outcome.
- Differentiate between the different types of traumatic spine injuries in the pediatric population and treatment modalities, and how they differ from the adult population.
- Discuss the role of supportive care in the intensive care unit and its impact on patient outcomes in spinal cord and TBI patients.
Tuesday, May 1
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm