The NeuroPoint Alliance and Your Practice: Using Registries to Enhance Quality, Reimbursement, Certification and Clinical Research
This course explores the varied uses of registry data for patient care, quality improvement, clinical research, education and revenue enhancement. NPA initiatives, such as the Quality Outcomes Database (QOD) spine and cerebrovascular registries, the Registry for the Advancement of DBS Therapy in Parkinson’s Disease (RAD-PD) and the Stereotactic Radiosurgery Registry (SRS) are used to demonstrate how your organization can benefit from participation in these registries. This course benefits neurosurgeons, quality managers, clinical personnel and data coordinators.Learning Objectives: After completing this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Determine how participation in NPA registry programs, and the use of registry data, can improve the quality of patient care and outcomes.
- Determine how participation in NPA registry programs, and the use of registry data, provides benchmarking information for use in cross-specialty quality assurance and improvement.
- Determine how participation in NPA registry programs can provide prospective and retrospective clinical research data for analysis.
- Determine how participation in NPA programs, and the use of registry data, can support reporting for alternative payment models and quality reporting requirements.
- Determine how NPA registry data can be used in payer contract negotiations.
The AANS designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Sunday, April 29
7:30 am - 4:30 pm